• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I thought this recipe for beer battered chicken might be good with catfish but first tried it as written.  The amount of chicken I got left me with a couple extra thighs, so used another recipe for them They were baked. You can see a piece of one of those under the fried chicken.  I took it out about 5 minutes early and it was almost overcooked by then.  I didn't have any milk for the mac and cheese, but just happened to have the exact amount of cream so used that. Charlie said everything was good and really liked new variation for cheese and mac. The baked chicken thighs were deboned, dry marinated, then baked flat in the toaster oven on non-stick foil. Being flat is probably why they cooked quicker. 

20200205_163835.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I thought this recipe for beer battered chicken might be good with catfish but first tried it as written.  The amount of chicken I got left me with a couple extra thighs, so used another recipe for them They were baked. You can see a piece of one of those under the fried chicken.  I took it out about 5 minutes early and it was almost overcooked by then.  I didn't have any milk for the mac and cheese, but just happened to have the exact amount of cream so used that. Charlie said everything was good and really liked new variation for cheese and mac. The baked chicken thighs were deboned dry marinated, then baked flat in the toaster oven on non-stick foil. Being flat is probably why they cooked quicker. 

20200205_163835.jpg