• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

28 minutes ago, weinoo said:

How do you get them so nice and crispy - what temp/time/marinate/etc. are you using?

@weinoo, I toss them in a bag with seasoned cornstarch, shake, most of it off,   and bake on parchment paper at 450°F in the CSO on the Bake Steam setting.  Turning once half way through.

They don't need to be marinated.    Yesterdays were seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.   Sometimes I rub them first with fresh garlic before tossing with the cornstarch.   Cornstarch makes for the best light crispy coating. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

24 minutes ago, weinoo said:

How do you get them so nice and crispy - what temp/time/marinate/etc. are you using?

@weinoo, I toss them in a bag with seasoned cornstarch, shake, most of it off,   and bake on parchment paper at 450°F in the CSO on the Bake Steam setting.  Turning once half way through.

They don't need to be marinated.    Yesterdays were seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.   Sometimes I rub them first with fresh garlic before tossing with the cornstarch.