• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got some ribeye steaks and invited my sister over for her birthday and she was going to get back to me  about time, but she didn't so I cooked them tonight for the two of us.  They were really thick so I cooked them sous vide first.  We also had potato pancakes and buttered steamed asparagus.  At the last minute, Charlie asked for Mac&Cheese so the steak got put in the oven to keep warm and sat there for ten minutes longer than I planned.  I should know by now that he will always want that when we have steak.  I will remember next time.

20200109_174027.jpg

20200109_174358.jpg

20200109_171847.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I got some ribeye steaks and invited my sister over for her birthday and she was going to get back to me  about time, but she didn't so I cooked them tonight for the two of us.  They were really thick so I cooked them sous vide first.  We also had potato pancakes and buttered steamed asparagus.  At the last minute, Charlie asked for Mac&Cheese so the steak got put in the oven to keep warm and sat there for ten minutes longer than I planned.  I should know by now that he will always want that when we have steak.  I will remember next time.

20200109_174027.jpg

20200109_174358.jpg