• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 1/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, Okanagancook said:

@Ann_T  Your pizza crust is just out of this world.  I have the recipe.

Do you make it quite thin before toppings go on?  I see the edges are nice and thick which is my favourite.  What temperature do you cook them at?  Now I am craving pizza.😍

@Okanagancook, yes the pizza is very thin, until you get to the rim.  Which is my favourite part of the pizza too.   I think you can see from the side of the cut piece that the pizza is probably between an 1/8th and a 1/4" thick.

I line my grill with stones and preheat.  Temperature gets up to about 700°F .  I turn the two burners directly under the pizza off when it goes on to the stone and the temperature maintains between 575 and 600°F. 

Ann_T

Ann_T

14 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

@Ann_T  Your pizza crust is just out of this world.  I have the recipe.

Do you make it quite thin before toppings go on?  I see the edges are nice and thick which is my favourite.  What temperature do you cook them at?  Now I am craving pizza.😍

@Okanagancook, yes the pizza is very thin, until you get to the rim.  Which is my favourite part of the pizza too.   I think you can see from the side of the cut piece that the pizza is probably between an 1/8th and a 1/4" thick.

I line my grill with stones and preheat.  Temperature gets up to about 700°F .  I turn the two burners directly under the pizza when it goes on to the stone and the temperature maintains between 575 and 600°F.