• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

11 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

I see the dried lime is left whole on the plate.  Were they cooked with any of the components?  Does one tear into it and eat with the dish?

I puncture and soak them, then squeeze into the pot and add them along with the soaking water, to be cooked. One should avoid squeezing or eating the cooked lime, as the bitter interor is now soft and can easily get out.

I'd avoid serving it to unsuspecting guests :P

shain

shain

11 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

I see the dried lime is left whole on the plate.  Were they cooked with any of the components?  Does one tear into it and eat with the dish?

I puncture and soak them, then squeeze into the pot and add them along with the soaking water, to be cooked. One should avoid squeezing or eating the cooked lime, as the bitter interor is now soft and can easily get out.