• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

When I pulled out Mark Vetri's Mastering Pasta yesterday, I spied a recipe for Farfalle with Chorizo and Favas.  I had favas in the freezer and was convinced there was a small piece of Spanish chorizo in the fridge so I embarked on making the farfalle this morning using the Whole Egg, Bread Flour and Stone-Ground Wheat Dough from his book.  The chorizo went missing so I settled on some 'nduja instead.  Vetri calls for Pantaleo, a hard, aged goat cheese from Sardinia.  I subbed Cabrillo, a Spanish-style goat & cow cheese from Stepladder Creamery on the California central coast.

1851811712_IMG_2286(1).thumb.jpeg.030981562f550a3453f758f33404172d.jpeg

Next time, I'll roll dough a little thinner but it was a good learning experience - I used pinking shears to cut the dough 🤣 and a satisfactory lunch with a glass of syrah.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

When I pulled out Mark Vetri's Mastering Pasta yesterday, I spied a recipe for Farfalle with Chorizo and Favas.  I had favas in the freezer and was convinced there was a small piece of Spanish chorizo in the fridge so I embarked on making the farfalle this morning using the Whole Egg, Bread Flour and Stone-Ground Wheat Dough from his book.  The chorizo went missing so I settled on some 'nduja instead.  Vetri calls for Pantaleo, a hard, aged goat cheese from Sardinia.  I subbed Cabrillo, a Spanish-style goat & cow cheese from Stepladder Creamery on the California central coast.

IMG_2286.thumb.jpeg.8176881009587ebc4f2e362914ad3df1.jpeg

Next time, I'll roll dough a little thinner but it was a good learning experience - I used pinking shears to cut the dough 🤣 and a satisfactory lunch with a glass of syrah.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

IMG_2286.thumb.jpeg.8176881009587ebc4f2e362914ad3df1.jpeg