• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2020!

liuzhou

My breakfast since my childhood is Jian bing, a kind of pancake (But very different taste) made from just all purpose flower.

I remember mom used to add some veggie juice in the paste so that it is more healthy and delicious.

And after growing up, I still have this as breakfast very often, sometimes put some mushrooms in it (after frying).

It is just simply good........

IMG_0987.thumb.jpeg.6b197004915af2f1c9a40772cfb0667d.jpeg

• Like 8

Authentique Chinese food blog - YouTube cooking videos 

Quality > Quantity 

English videos/ Version Français aussi/ 中文版视频

5 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

My guilty pleasure. 

baguette, buttered, smeared with Cheez Whiz and topped with bacon and then slid under the broiler.   Bacon cooked in the CSO

I liked it when Ed Levine on his Serious Eats podcast would ask a guest (usually a chef) if they had a guilty pleasure and the majority said something along the lines of "if I enjoy it =-= there is no guilt".

• Like 2

4F686CA4-BB05-41FA-88F2-1DEFE1468BE2.thumb.jpeg.57cb703a78b0d4834dcadbb67e502b08.jpeg

Garlic naan topped with spinach, slow roasted tomatoes and gruyere cheese. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

After making the pressed sandwich for lunch the other day, I'm not gonna give the griddler a rest...

890949502_PainPerdu11-18.thumb.jpeg.3ed2d7656c5b40c763d3916245a92ead.jpeg

Pain perdu.  For the first time in my short life, I put some Damson plum jam on a piece of my pain. It was freakin' delicious. The rest got real maple syrup.

And I wanted to check on the griddling temperature accuracy of this appliance, which is not by any means new.  It is pretty spot on, another win for Cuisinart. They really make a decent appliance.

• Like 7

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Overnight yeasted waffles.     Extraordinarily light and crisp.   But my favorite part is making the batter the night before and being able to stagger out of bed and make waffles without the hassle of making batter from scratch.     And these are the best waffles I've made/enjoyed.  

• Like 2

eGullet member #80.

1 hour ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Overnight yeasted waffles.     Extraordinarily light and crisp.   But my favorite part is making the batter the night before and being able to stagger out of bed and make waffles without the hassle of making batter from scratch.     And these are the best waffles I've made/enjoyed.  

Agreed. When I could eat regular waffles, these were my go-to. 

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

A bit chilly here this AM so I warmed up some leftover soup and bread

IMG_3340.thumb.jpeg.895930f902242f8d4ee72254c2314858.jpeg

Sweet potato, sauerkraut & bacon chowder and a monkey bread sort of thing made with caramelized onions.  Both from Vivian Howard's book, This Will Make It Taste Good

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 4
  • Delicious 2

At home, breakfast is usually some kind of bread (toast, croissant, English muffin) and coffee.

In the country, especially fall and winter, much heavier.    This week = yeasted waffles, fried hominy and eggs, hash browns and eggs, soft boiled eggs mooshed with buttered toast squares, corned beef hash and eggs.     Will return to town tomorrow and not touch an egg for a couple of weeks..   

• Like 2
  • Delicious 2

eGullet member #80.

We were supposed to have brunch with one of my stepdaughters today, in belated celebration of her birthday (it occurred while I was in NS for my mom's birthday), but we're back into "orange" level restrictions now - in NB, that means keeping to one's own household - so instead it'll be "curbside drop-off."

Made up a batch of yeasted Belgian waffles, crisped a sheet pan of bacon in the oven, caramelized some pineapple, and will send along some whipped cream and maple syrup as well. She's also getting crème brûlée, which has become our little tradition.

20201122_104801.thumb.jpg.9302cdceee6f56e1750d0ed1d7f24893.jpg

20201122_110410.thumb.jpg.5744fb9f3cebcf629f6830764b277a33.jpg

Edited by chromedome
added photos (log)
  • Like 5
  • Delicious 3

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

AD0CEC3D-671D-4ABA-862F-EB6E0658CD47.thumb.jpeg.861762a3985526dd3cbd5a61d7d68919.jpeg

Last piece of naan left over from lunch on Wednesday topped with chopped, marinated artichokes and cheese. 

• Like 5
  • Delicious 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I buy the one pound 'roll' of sausage, slice and par-fry.  freeze for later nuke&use.

used one patty for a 3 egg Denver omelet . . . chopped sausage patty subbed for ham....

had the same issue, wee bit too much 'stuffings' - just gave it another half-rollover and called it 'got et'

someday I'll try 1/2 a patty . . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2