• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2020!

liuzhou

14 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Peanut butter and bananas - one of my favorite flavor combinations.  

I love this pairing as well. One of my favorite snacks / light breakfasts is cornflakes with bananas, milk and peanut butter.

• Like 2

~ Shai N.

21 minutes ago, shain said:

I love this pairing as well. One of my favorite snacks / light breakfasts is cornflakes with bananas, milk and peanut butter.

You people! Now I can not get Elvis out of my brain https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/elvis-sandwich-peanut-butter-banana-bacon.html 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@weinoo & @blue_dolphin Peanut butter and bananas - one of my favorite flavor combinations.  

When my kids were little I would sometimes make them "tree dogs": a toasted hot dog bun, smeared on the inside with peanut butter, and with a banana in place of the hot dog. Could be finished with a drizzle of honey or a smear of jam/jelly if they wanted, or - on very special days - a few chocolate chips or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

• Like 5

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Hassan's easy eggs with za'tar and lemon from Sami Tamimi's new cookbook Falastin.

IMG_2177.thumb.jpg.e0eea9993152509332722a9459aa0416.jpg

The recipe says to roughly quarter the eggs by hand so they aren't too neat, and arrange yolk side up.  A rather fiddly operation to obtain a casual looking plate! Tomato and homemade pita on the side.

• Like 6
  • Delicious 2

Snack before a morning walk, matzoh with spreadable goat cheese. Late morning was cherry Greek yogurt with Kashi Peanut Butter crunch cereal mixed in...for a PB&J vibe.

• Like 4

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Lentils, carrots, turnip greens, chicken. Everything was leftover from several previous meals.   I have convinced DH that anything with an egg on top is breakfast ;)

4FE8FCA6-DF81-4067-AD08-8B10A1B14505.thumb.jpeg.7922fa956f99248f99656f1e7d380272.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Leftovers sometimes are (almost) as good as the original (better?). Always make some extra risotto, so...

2076975901_Risottocakes04-29.jpeg.5896b7dd2c4e8b93c9178db41e7b9d26.jpeg

Risotto pancakes.

2054852493_Friedeggoverrisottocakes04-29.jpeg.89b5d0214237b84ec0da8fbd6f524ed3.jpeg

Topped with a fried egg over medium. That's the ways she likes it!

• Like 5
  • Delicious 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Leftovers here as well.  A slice of pissaladière from last night topped with a soft boiled egg.A041F845-52E6-43AF-A8D7-D53081849DCE.thumb.jpeg.342f5db58fe99d0ce5ef7ba51b76b21e.jpeg
Yesterday's egg recipe dressed them with a mix of lemon, olive oil and za'tar.  I had some left so I mashed an anchovy into it and drizzled that on today's eggs. 

• Like 9

Shakshuka sandwich.

Some of the sauce of I froze a few weeks ago. Scrambled eggs a-la menemen (the usual runny sauce-poached egg would require a different type of bread). Tahini sauce and a little extra schug.

IMG_20200426_221108.jpg

• Like 4

~ Shai N.

Oh I tried. But...I just hurled a very green but spotty banana into a side yard with my less than stellar pitching arm. Have at it critters

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, liuzhou said:

bananas.thumb.jpg.e9fe42ec72b5d396fa541d5af0bcf17c.jpg

With coffee served in this.

banana.thumb.jpg.eb79d090884d3a67e89c5f7e505dc860.jpg

Did you complete the trifecta by listening to the Velvet Underground?

• Like 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

This has become a bit of a weekly thing, as I've gotten some beautiful cheesy deliveries...

194535545_Breakfast05-01.jpeg.c79195404d2c0a28ab21d079c8cf9a95.jpeg

Toast homemade. Camembert (tres leches) and goat. Tangerine and apple.

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 7

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

The three words, "chili, rellenos and leftovers"  would never be spoken in the same sentence here.  I wonder how many I would have to make to have leftovers?   I haven't seen a fresh poblano for months though...Your look perfect for any meal.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Four-minute CSO eggs and Aldi bread. 

I do think you need to elaborate on this four-minute timing. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog