• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2020!

liuzhou

21 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Sabich or sabih (Hebrew: סביח‎ [saˈbix]) is an Israeli sandwich based on a traditional Iraqi Jewish dish prepared for Shabbat. It consists of pita or laffa stuffed with fried eggplant, hard boiled eggs, Israeli salad, parsley, amba and tahini sauce.

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Sab...

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2364DD91-64CB-4F73-A2C6-EE4D7AF0DFED.thumb.jpeg.1633e1c744803ab9eeee3c92f6f74f06.jpeg

Not the prettiest egg muffin you’ve ever seen  But I was trying to multitask. Never a good plan on single cup of coffee. 

Edited by Anna N
Remove redundant wording (log)
  • Like 5
  • Delicious 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I baked up a batch of English muffins that I started yesterday

1791322451_englishmuffins.thumb.jpg.cabce4d25d1eaa478e255b0d83e74372.jpg

Egg bacon and cheese sandwich that I made for my husband.  I ate breakfast when I woke up so am going to have one of the muffins for lunch

1394934512_englishmuffinsandwich.thumb.jpg.a631bc4117af76652e42672a522f5c83.jpg

• Like 6
  • Delicious 2

Coincidence, I just made my first batch of English Muffins from Peer Reinhart.

i cooked them in a cast iron fry pan.  15 min for each side at 300 f...and there in is the problem..trying to maintain that temp.  Used a thermapen to check the internal temp got to 200f. 

We loved the texture

• Like 5

AB38D936-9EC9-49DF-8680-4BC11DC1AB29.thumb.jpeg.a9dd8aa5ccf4cb49635aceaf2a8952df.jpeg

Store-bought flatbread, mozzarella, jarred artichoke hearts and delicious little tomatoes that I have been eating like candy. 

• Like 5
  • Delicious 2

My 2004 eG Blog

While the rest of the family enjoy their pancakes with fresh berries and honey, I much prefer a salty option, which came today in the form of an egg-topped pancake-wich ...

110E0C85-CE42-46A2-BB4E-251AC731F07F.thumb.jpeg.632c5b0301b8277f66ebd22d95644642.jpeg

• Like 7

This morning, I mixed up a half-batch of @tikidoc's Cream Scones with the candied grapefruit peel I made last week and fresh rosemary from my driveway. 

IMG_2215.thumb.jpeg.4fcc45a3a1d2e1a92b6a4a08fdf1e050.jpeg

I baked 2 and ate them both.  They are small 🙃.  It's a good thing that I didn't bake more of them as I could easily eat one more.  

The rest are going in the freezer for future treats. 

• Like 6

My sister made a scramble for the adults with all of the little bits of vegetables she found in my crisper: broccoli, red onion, mushroom, tomato etc.  Tasty and a way to use up some stuff at a time when we are trying not to waste anything.

scramble.thumb.jpg.a7a95ba8f075faf2833e96e2be6cf2d0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Delicious 1

25 minutes ago, kayb said:

Oooohhh. Cantaloupe jam. As much as I love good ripe cantaloupe, this prospect fascinates me. Details?

I made it last summer with a disappointing melon that smelled great but wasn't sweet.

500g peeled melon, finely diced

150-200g sugar

Optional: a few sprigs of rosemary

Optional: rose water (strength varies, add to taste)

Cook down the melon, sugar and rosemary.

Add rosewater off heat.

Jar and store refrigerated.

Serve at room temp.

I really liked it with ricotta, less so plain (it's very melon forward, it needs some backdrop, and ricotta works well with the rose water).

Edited by shain (log)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

~ Shai N.

TJ's multigrain hot cereal, cooked in milk, with a couple of diced dried apricots thrown in. Small sprinkle of nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. Ugly beige blobby goo, no need to photo...but nice in the belly!

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

D84B100A-6616-465D-BD7F-449AFC96F346.thumb.jpeg.be25be369047ef6174bab1bfe4f8f60b.jpeg

garlic mushrooms in sour cream over toasted baguette slices.

• Like 7
  • Delicious 1

My 2004 eG Blog

03567AD9-FD18-45AF-B79F-A2327CA0BB4F.thumb.jpeg.8ce23089a807fe712311cca883288a86.jpeg

Bacon and mushroom omelette.  @Duvel will need to take my word for the filling. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

My 2004 eG Blog