• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2020!

liuzhou

21 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

If I was really thinking about how to appall maximum membership, I could have added some corn 😉

...and green bell peppers.

Maybe raisins.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

58 minutes ago, chromedome said:

...and green bell peppers.

Maybe raisins.

I came upon a Fuchsia Dunlop recipe for Sweet Corn Kernels Jade Rice with Green Peppers.  Mercifully she did not include a photograph.

• Haha 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

well

Im actually semi-pleased 

that some-one(s)  

possibly few of them here 

"" eat "" GBP's

think about it :

if no one did

Con-Agra and Agra-Con

would collapse 

as would the Global Economy

Wait just a moment  ......

and no , its not funny

wishing every one here , and elsewhere

Good Health

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

And green bell peppers too.  I can almost feel a certain someone shuddering from here!

Wow, lots of like-minded people here!

Just reading the words makes me burp. Not the taste or the smell but the result.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, rotuts said:

I thought that was from cucumbers .

Live , Learn , all here on eG.

Oh that also but I adore them so a tiny burp is worth it, GPs not so much and more virulent. Plus Persian and Japanese ones (cukes) not an issue.

29 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

The one thing I've learned during my many (MANY) years, is that one person's shudder is another's yum.   ( I actually had a better word but thought better of it)

Of course. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

52F9BE48-DBA9-4E0F-A3EF-8CB9D1485846.thumb.jpeg.3a77c4690cb98cb7cf538594c65a73cb.jpeg

Bacon and egg muffin. 

• Like 8
  • Delicious 2

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I'm lapping myself.  I've gained 35 lbs. since last fall and I'm sure that eating breakfast as often as I do has a lot to do with it.  I never used to eat breakfast and was able to pretty much maintain my post gastric bypass weight loss.  I wouldn't even think to eat until after lunch time.  Now, as soon as I get downstairs, I'm looking for food.  😠 Today's breakfast was Dave's Killer Raisin bread with a PB schmear:

DSCN0707.JPG.f070567b06ebaa56b239c6476e57f25f.JPG

It could have used a LOT more raisins and cinnamon, but it is very good bread.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I love your style, Anne.    I would always choose dinner fir breakfast, given the option

Thanks @Margaret Pilgrim.  I've always preferred dinner over breakfast. 

Today's breakfast.

1505309195_BurgerPlatterforTwoMarch11th20201.thumb.jpg.da3eb031f9432d212bf93569022078ab.jpg

Burger platter for two. Mine is the one heavy on tomatoes.  And no condiments. 

• Like 4
  • Delicious 1

57 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Thanks @Margaret Pilgrim.  I've always preferred dinner over breakfast. 

Today's breakfast.

Burger platter for two. Mine is the one heavy on tomatoes.  And no condiments. 

Me too. My mom always ate dinner leftovers for breakfast. The only downside to your lovely posts is that non breakfast eaters may be missing out on some wonderful food pics!

• Like 1

I know I've posted versions and variations of this before, and there was never anything very exciting about it, but there is a slight twist here. Normally,  I use duck eggs, but my favourite duck egg vendor is hiding at home during these strange times, so these are chicken eggs. Soft boiled with flatbread.

20200312_094338.thumb.jpg.3abfcbbc897d9962c3025a36c7866bad.jpg

20200312_094348.thumb.jpg.7137f1aff04cb12dea1ca8f6788e56f8.jpg

• Like 9
  • Delicious 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

A8145CCA-EB03-4FB9-A2B9-3C68E0068EB3.thumb.jpeg.aed31ba61ff56332aeb18dd30bbe36b5.jpeg

I subscribe to @liuzhou’s philosophy that if it was good once there’s no reason not to do it again.  Here.   This time the scrambled eggs were accompanied by some toasted bread courtesy of @Kerry Beal  If she gives up chocolate she can always bake bread for me 😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My 2004 eG Blog

Cornmeal & sour cream pancakes two ways (which we shared).

With honey, strawberries, walnuts and vanilla-flavored ricotta.

With bananas, brown sugar syrup, peanuts.

IMG_20200306_204517_1.jpg

IMG_20200306_204753.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

~ Shai N.