• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chromedome

chromedome

added photos

We were supposed to have brunch with one of my stepdaughters today, in belated celebration of her birthday (it occurred while I was in NS for my mom's birthday), but we're back into "orange" level restrictions now - in NB, that means keeping to one's own household - so instead it'll be "curbside drop-off."

Made up a batch of yeasted Belgian waffles, crisped a sheet pan of bacon in the oven, caramelized some pineapple, and will send along some whipped cream and maple syrup as well. She's also getting crème brûlée, which has become our little tradition.

20201122_104801.thumb.jpg.9302cdceee6f56e1750d0ed1d7f24893.jpg

20201122_110410.thumb.jpg.5744fb9f3cebcf629f6830764b277a33.jpg

chromedome

chromedome

We were supposed to have brunch with one of my stepdaughters today, in belated celebration of her birthday (it occurred while I was in NS for my mom's birthday), but we're back into "orange" level restrictions now - in NB, that means keeping to one's own household - so instead it'll be "curbside drop-off."

Made up a batch of yeasted Belgian waffles, crisped a sheet pan of bacon in the oven, caramelized some pineapple, and will send along some whipped cream and maple syrup as well. She's also getting crème brûlée, which has become our little tradition.