• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Potato & Egg Breakfast Taco with Mexican Salmorejo, Tomatillo Salsa and Borracho Beans, all from Josef Centeno's book, Amá

IMG_2505.thumb.jpeg.5b416f6f8115a2e13a1dba72c24b5db4.jpeg

Edited to add that the taco filling is sliced potato, sautéed with a bit of chopped bacon, shallot, serrano chile. Eggs get scrambled into the mix at the end with a sprinkle of cheddar  when it goes into the tortillas.  There's a recipe for homemade tortillas in the book but I was lazy and used store-bought. 

@shain, your beans on toast were on my mind all day yesterday so after I cooked these borracho beans last night, I made myself beans on toast for dinner with pickled onions and a bit of cheddar.  It just hit the spot!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Potato & Egg Breakfast Taco with Mexican Salmorejo, Tomatillo Salsa and Borracho Beans, all from Josef Centeno's book, Amá

IMG_2505.thumb.jpeg.5b416f6f8115a2e13a1dba72c24b5db4.jpeg

@shain, your beans on toast were on my mind all day yesterday so after I cooked these borracho beans last night, I made myself beans on toast for dinner with pickled onions and a bit of cheddar.  It just hit the spot!