• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

I would have gladly traded my whomp biscuits last night for @kayb's muffins, @Ann_T's biscuits, or @shain's Syrniki (which has me craving pancakes yet again!)  This morning:

IMG_1877.jpg.857b07b58e7558ed3d68fea9958e4cd6.jpg

Bacon, ATK sandwich bread, and IP soft cooked eggs.  I confess that it seems a little self-indulgent to pull out that giant machine to make breakfast for ONE, but they are so good.  My mom was a pretty good cook. She didn't stretch herself, but what she cooked, she cooked well.  (Except for pork - she was under the spell of the "cook it all to hell or you'll die from trichinosis" people).  She could make a soft boiled egg perfectly.  I used to tease my English stepdad that that was why he married her - his favorite breakfast was soft boiled eggs and toast soldiers!  Until I got the IP, I have never been able to do a predictable soft cooked egg.  I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but for now, I'm in a gooey, yellow heaven!    

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

I would have gladly traded my whomp biscuits for @kayb's muffins, @Ann_T's biscuits, or @shain's Syrniki (which has me craving pancakes yet again!)  This morning:

IMG_1877.jpg.857b07b58e7558ed3d68fea9958e4cd6.jpg

Bacon, ATK sandwich bread, and IP soft cooked eggs.  I confess that it seems a little self-indulgent to pull out that giant machine to make breakfast for ONE, but they are so good.  My mom was a pretty good cook. She didn't stretch herself, but what she cooked, she cooked well.  (Except for pork - she was under the spell of the "cook it all to hell or you'll die from trichinosis" people).  She could make a soft boiled egg perfectly.  I used to tease my English stepdad that that was why he married her - his favorite breakfast was soft boiled eggs and toast soldiers!  Until I got the IP, I have never been able to do a predictable soft cooked egg.  I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but for now, I'm in a gooey, yellow heaven!