• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Eggs with Bell Peppers & 'Nduja from Diana Henry's Simple

IMG_1939.thumb.jpeg.382454453392b41404d80f1979192b89.jpeg
I deviated slightly from the recipe where Diana calls for pre-cooked potatoes to be crisped in olive oil and I made the Schmaltzy Potatoes from Shaya instead.  Since the potatoes are seasoned with the Herb Salt from that book, I used it to season the peppers and the egg.  In honor of the potatoes, I fried the egg in schmaltz, too.  
Dang,  those potatoes are so good, I would have been happy with just a plate of them. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Eggs with Bell Peppers & 'Nduja from Diana Henry's Simple

IMG_1939.thumb.jpeg.382454453392b41404d80f1979192b89.jpeg
I deviated slightly from the recipe where Diana calls for pre-cooked potatoes to be crisped in olive oil and I made the Schmaltzy Potatoes from Shaya instead.  Since the potatoes are seasoned with the Herb Salt from that book, I used it to season the peppers and the egg.  In honor of the potatoes, I fried the egg in schmaltz, too.  
Dang,  those potatoes are so good, I would have been happy with just a plate of them.