• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add avocado comment

Avocado & kimchi toast topped with a poached egg

IMG_1861.thumb.jpeg.651de26468fdb6e8782ddf8be7dce3e9.jpeg

This idea is from Julia Turshen's Small Victories. There's a little drizzle of mayo + kimchi juice. 

The avocado was a Stewart avocado.  I should have taken a photo before I started mangling it.  The Stewart has a very thin, smooth skin that's edible.  It's black when ripe and has a rich texture and flavor which surprised me. I was afraid it would have that thin, watery texture that some smooth-skin varieties like the Fuerte have so I was pleasantly surprised.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Avocado & kimchi toast topped with a poached egg

IMG_1861.thumb.jpeg.651de26468fdb6e8782ddf8be7dce3e9.jpeg

This idea is from Julia Turshen's Small Victories. There's a little drizzle of mayo + kimchi juice. 

The avocado was a Stewart avocado.  I should have taken a photo before I started mangling it.  The Stewart has a very thin, smooth skin that's edible.  It's black when ripe and has a rich flavor.  Delicious!