• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

because I can't spell

I was looking for something to make with sweet potatoes and sausage and came upon a recipe for Sweet Potato Hash with Caramelized Onions, Sausage & Eggs that sounded good.  Reading through the comments, it seemed like people were having issues with getting the individual ingredients cooked to their liking and I was getting hangry so I made a deconstructed version

IMG_1763.thumb.jpeg.d317c4ff4004f7405f3b3ec65d3c0b51.jpeg

Roasted sweet potatoes, halved and heated on the Phillips grill while the Italian sausage cooked and topped with roasted balsamic onions with sage and a bit of watercress for color.  

The sweet potatoes, onions and sausage would have been a fine breakfast but I went ahead and added 2 crispy fried eggs.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I was looking for something to make with sweet potatoes and sausage and came upon a recipe for Sweet Potato Hash with Caramelized Onions, Sausage & Eggs that sounded good.  Reading through the comments, it seemed like people were having issues with getting the individual ingredients cooked to their liking and I was getting hangry so I made a deconstructed version

IMG_1763.thumb.jpeg.d317c4ff4004f7405f3b3ec65d3c0b51.jpeg

Roasted sweet potatoes, halved and heated on the Phillips grill while the Italian sausage cooked and topped with roasted balsamic onions with sage and a bit of watercress for color.  

The sweet potatoes, onions and sausage would have been a fine breakfast but I went ahead and added 2 crispy fried eats.