• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate capping issues

kimmiq

Ah - so this brings us to the discussion of how you make your bases - on their sides or bellies. Does anyone have a link to our previous discussion of this subject?Does anyone have a link to our previous discussion of this subject?

10 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Ah - so this brings us to the discussion of how you make your bases - on their sides or bellies. Does anyone have a link to our previous discussion of this subject?Does anyone have a link to our previous discussion of this subject?

Interesting!!  Yes, I’d love to read this discussion. Kerry, I just want to take a moment to thank you for being so generous with your wisdom. I’m pretty sure you’ve weighed in on every question I’ve posted in this forum. 

1689FE33-936C-4144-9B38-4694D54C5EE3.jpeg

• Like 1

I found it! Who could have known it was so long ago - would have sworn it was last month!

Here you go

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

• 2 months later...

Heat the mold always 2-4 degree C less than the working temperature!

vibrate it manually very well! place in the fridge for 30 min minimum

Note: when you temper chocolate its ideal to seed with cocoa butter.

let us know how it went!

Chocolate & Pastry Instructor

Chocolate Author

www.cocoachocolateganache.com