• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rrigreid

rrigreid

On 12/27/2019 at 5:30 AM, lindag said:

Most of my knives now are of the Asian angle variety.

I’ve used any number of hand held sharpeners as well as sending my knives out to be professionally done.

Yesterday I dug around and found the Chef’s Choice that I bought at least 5+ years ago and had never used.

i pulled out all the knives from my block and ran them through.  Hopefully I’m good for another few months.

Anyone else use this kind of sharpener?

https://www.titangaragefloors.com/garage-floors

Looking for recommendations on a manual knife sharpener for kitchen knives. Nothing too expensive, meaning 50.00 and under. Knives are USA and German steel.

rrigreid

rrigreid

I’ve used any number of hand held sharpeners as well as sending my knives out to be professionally done.

Yesterday I dug around and found the Chef’s Choice that I bought at least 5+ years ago and had never used.

i pulled out all the knives from my block and ran them through.  Hopefully I’m good for another few months.

https://www.titangaragefloors.com/garage-floors

Looking for recommendations on a manual knife sharpener for kitchen knives. Nothing too expensive, meaning 50.00 and under. Knives are USA and German steel.

rrigreid

rrigreid

Looking for recommendations on a manual knife sharpener for kitchen knives. Nothing too expensive, meaning 50.00 and under. Knives are USA and German steel. best whetstone for beginners

rrigreid

rrigreid