• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

I was thinking, would it be possible to buy this layered surimi ( on sale of course) put it in a food processor and turn it back into a paste, then form it back into a solid? I don't know much about the process, and i really dont want to attempt it with raw fish as it would be way to expensive in my neck of the woods. Maybe meat glue? Or another binder? 

FeChef

FeChef

I was thinking, would it be possible to buy this layered surimi ( on sale of course) put it in a food processor and turn it back into a paste, then form it back into a solid? I don't know much about the process, and i really dont want to attempt it with raw fish as it would be way to expensive in my neck of the woods.