• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef pants to purchase in Ontario

Darienne

Last entries on the subject of chef wear go back to the mid 2007s and so I thought I'd go after it again.

I own a pair of chile pepper chef pants by Chef Wear and want to buy new ones.   Mine are beyond repairing in the matching cloth...I've run out of parts I could cut out...and I am next buying black twill to repair them.  OTOH, I see that I can buy them on Amazon.ca but in the consumer comments I can see that the possibility of getting exactly what you order is a pig in a poke.  Sized incorrectly, cheaper material than advertised, and little possibility of returns and refunds.  Not to mention that what exactly constitutes a small or a medium? no details are mentioned.

Our local restaurant supplier store stocks only black and gangster stripe...that's Peterborough...and I want another pair of the chile pepper pants if I can get them.  Does anyone know of some city in Ontario...Toronto, maybe?...that stocks these pants?  

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

chefwear  has been having sales lately; I get emails from them (far too frequently I think); I am sure they will be having more promotions this month.  Have you checked their website?  If they won't ship to you in Canada, I can send them to you if you want.

10 minutes ago, JeanneCake said:

chefwear  has been having sales lately; I get emails from them (far too frequently I think); I am sure they will be having more promotions this month.  Have you checked their website?  If they won't ship to you in Canada, I can send them to you if you want.

That's very kind of you to offer, JeanneCake, but if I do order some, I have friends in Delaware whom I can ask to send them.  I do appreciate your generous offer.

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

7 hours ago, palo said:

Try Amazon .ca

Search for: "Chefwear Mens Ultimate Cotton Baggy Chef Pants Chef's Pant"

p

Thanks palo.  I do know about Amazon.ca and the pants I want are right there on the page...however if you read the reviews you will find that they are so varied and so negative that I cannot bring myself to order them:  wrong sizes, wrong materials, inability to return them....etc...etc.  Nope.  Not gonna happen.  I'll live without.  

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I just remembered that a chef I know wears all kinds of patterned pants including, if I remember correctly, chili peppers.  I have sent him a note, asking where he gets them.  If he answers, I'll let you know.

• Thanks 1

Have  you checked the bookstore at Fleming College? They used to sell all kinds of things related to their culinary course. I have definitely seen toques, aprons and jackets there. This was years ago but I think the course is still being taught so you might want to have a look.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nyleve Baar said:

Have  you checked the bookstore at Fleming College? They used to sell all kinds of things related to their culinary course. I have definitely seen toques, aprons and jackets there. This was years ago but I think the course is still being taught so you might want to have a look.

Thanks NB.  Checked it out and they only have straight black and gangster pants available.  Before I started looking for the chile pants, I had no idea that anyone ever wore pants called 'gangster' pants.  Oh, I am getting very old...

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.