• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Prime BF Deal

rotuts

m sorry for opening a new thread

but there is it

Black Friday or B Thursday is coming up

I am not a member of Amazon Prime

as I am not in a hurry

and Id like to not pay twice :

the prime fee , and my purchases 

however

In ordering some books yesterday 

Amazon offered me a free 30 day Prime membership

I agreed

Ive noted the day to cancel

My idea , is you use Amazon , and not a prime member

and don't choose to be one

as all the Great Swells do

you might look into buying somehting

at amazon , and if they offer you """ 30days free for Prime "

as long as you remember the date to cancel

you might be3 able to take some advantage 

of the Black Friday Deals

• Like 2

Amazon will also have Cyber Monday deals (searchable now, I believe) ... some deals will be better CM than BF in case some people don’t know. 

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ... 

12 minutes ago, TicTac said:

Do they list all of their deals in one place?

Amazon does list all their deals in one place. And you can sort them by category.  Unfortunately, there are tons of them to sift through.  Some are good deals and others not so much.

http://www.thewirecutter.com can be helpful to finding deals on items they've previously rated.  My vintage 2011 iPad is getting clunky and I knew that was something I wanted to look for.  One of their updates showed a decent early Black Friday price at Best Buy and tipped me off to an additional discount "member price"

• Like 3

Cuisinart Steam Oven on sale for $99! Thought I had set a ridiculous watch point for CamelCamelCamel — now I’m going to have to find room for a CSO! 

Probably a prime members only deal. Time to stock up.  :laugh:  And I only got one, no backups for me... yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also mistakenly put this in the old Prime Day thread.  I'll put it here too. 

Prime Pantry deal on King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour if you want to stock up.

5 lb. priced @ $3.68.   Cheaper than local Walmart price in my area

Then there's a 20% coupon to clip.   It looks like this is only applied to 1 bag of flour per order. 

Then if you buy 5 you get additional 5% off, buy 10 get additional 10%, buy 15 get additional 15%.   You can buy 5,10, or 15 of various and assorted things and get the discounts,  This stepped discount ends 11/30/19

Caveat: for free shipping you must have a minimum of $35 in your Pantry box.

I tested all the max discounts with a qty of 15 bags in my cart and it looks like it came out to $3.13 per bag, delivered.  Not a bad price for bread flour to the door.

Edit:  It looks like all the King Arthur flours on Prime Pantry have a 20% coupon, ie, organic, cake, gluten free......

Double Edit:  US based Prime Pantry, I should add for clarification.

Edited by lemniscate
more info (log)
  • Like 3

As now Im a Prime Member

I went to the AMZN site and noted future deals

I found 3  , but might go for 2 as a later deal was more interesting than #1

and supersedes it.

I have noted this :

Prime Membership is a Disease that possibly , more like probably

has no  cure.

just so you know,  and have been informed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

Prime Membership is a Disease that possibly , more like probably

has no  cure.

just so you know,  and have been informed.

Indeed!

I signed up for Prime a few years back when my ~90 year old mom was  getting frustrated with shopping.  She was sharp as a tack and a safe driver but making her way across an icy parking lot only to find that the item she wanted was out of stock was very annoying. For me, a few thousand miles away, it was priceless to be able to order and tell her that  item would be delivered in a couple of days. Sadly, I don't need that particular aspect of the service anymore but I've gotten rather accustomed to it for myself!

• Like 2

think about how many Bazillions of $$$ 

one might make w a Prime Vaccine !

of course you would be Shut  Down

Remember :

F.D. :  I own the company .  I have 5 - 10 shares 

I forgot to count my toes. Just did the finger , and lost interest

Soo Soo sorry for that mental lapse.