• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi Jiro Loses 3 Michelin Stars

liuzhou

7 hours ago, liuzhou said:

"Sushi Jiro" has lost all its three Michelin stars, but not because of the food. Story here.

Thanks. I was not sure what to expect In terms of an explanation of why they lost the stars.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

In keeping with the original Michelin goal of inspiring people to go get in the car and drive someplace worth going to to eat... If you have 0 chance of eating there once you arrive, there is no point in getting up and going. 

• Like 1

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Thanks. I was not sure what to expect In terms of an explanation of why they lost the stars.

Me neither ... was prepared to read something like „empty can of tuna found on premises“ 

Edited by Duvel (log)
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, liuzhou said:

but not because of the food

9 hours ago, Duvel said:

Me neither ... was prepared to read something like „empty can of tuna found on premises“ 

That line above yours was the one that kept me from preparing for that possibility. :raz::D

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.