• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from London

Toast

Hello!

I've been following along for a while so thought I should make the jump to signing up properly.

I'm from London but spend a fair amount of time in the US and am fascinated by the differences.  I especially love the Dinner thread for pictures of home-cooked food.

I don't cook as much as I used to but I'd like to change that and would love to join in.

• Like 3

Welcome, Toast! Hop right in and join the fun! Do you make the most of holidays on both sides of The Pond, or do you stay away from them all? In other words: have you any special plans for the USA Thanksgiving?

• Thanks 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Welcome, Toast! Hop right in and join the fun! Do you make the most of holidays on both sides of The Pond, or do you stay away from them all? In other words: have you any special plans for the USA Thanksgiving?

I seem to miss thanksgiving every year unfortunately but I love reading about it.  We don’t celebrate here in the U.K. but there does seem to be a trend for “Friendsgiving” gaining some momentum, largely driven by influencers and their constant need for content, IMO.

My next trip to the US is DC and I think I’ll be there for NYE which should be fun.

• Like 2

Welcome, @Toast!  So glad you've joined in.  I love to welcome new members, but I'll admit to being especially excited when they are from somewhere that I love!  And, being a lifelong anglophile raised by an English stepdad, I LOVE London.  Nice to hear you mention DC - I was actually born there (a true native Washingtonian) and we live a couple of hours south now.  I'm very much looking forward to your contributions!

• Like 1

Hi Kim!

It's lovely of you to welcome me.  I knew that about you actually having enjoyed your mentions of being raised by an English stepdad.  I love the food that you cook too, so different to what I'm used to (although with a definite English twist every now and again!)

I hope that doesn't come across as too stalkery!

• Like 2