• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Hawaii!

MoonChild

Hello everyone!

I am a novice chocolatier for a hotel in Hawaii.  I've only been making bon bons and dragees for about 3 years during my free time.  As you can probably assume.....making chocolates in Hawaii is quite a challenge with the heat and humidity.  I haven't attended any classes and mostly learn from what limited experience my chef has, trial and error, and online videos from youTube and Instagram.  I've come to these forums in hopes that I can get some professional advice and help in troubleshooting many of the challenges I've encountered.  Nice to meet you all!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Darienne said:

Welcome to the forum, MoonChild.  

Where in Hawaii are you?  And were you born in June?

@Darienne  I'm in Honolulu.  Yes, I was born in June........that's kinda scary that you guessed that.  Do we know each other?