• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Introduction

liderbug

Years ago (I'm now retired) my work took me to Germany several times - once for 90 days, once overnight.   Pils, eh.  Hefeweizen, ya, OK.  Alt, omg I've found my love.  Asbach Brandy Cherries - now I understand the word "addiction" (my drug of choice).   Now I have a problem - no one in Colorado Springs carries them.  On-line they're about $1.50 per (plus shipping).  A few weeks ago, searching the web for CCC,  I ran across a video - roll your own.   "L", I can do that.  (little did I know, but hey I'm not that smart).  So Amazon: a couple of polycarb. molds, Walmart for wafers, cherries, etc and a week later - I guess the rule is "one must hide one's mistakes by eating them...".   But after raising my blood sugar to around 780 and 27 youtube videos  - hey those look ... passable. 

So, right now I'm looking for advice, direction:  ie. even if I cut my cherries in half they just fit in the mold - sans fondant.  If I make 2 batches, empty, add cherry and seal 2 half shells together...   I don't have tempering down as they're not as shiny as they should be and my attempts at coco butter (colored) have been a disaster.  That's why I'm here. 

• Like 2

We need to get @Chocolot to teach you to dip the cherries on stems. @Matthew Hayday does a pretty respectable job as well! Far better than I do