• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

In the US our ducks are generally American Pekin - derived from a breed brought from China in the 19th century. Big relatively mild tasting birds.  I am not conversnt on the goose breeds. We had geese down the road. They would cross and stop in the middle of the road. Getting out of car to shoo them away was not a safe option. My sisterwas nipped in the calf too many times. My avatar dog. just turmed tail and hid. 

heidih

heidih

In the US our ducks are generally American Pekin - derived from a breed brought from China in the 19th century. Big relatively mild tasting birds.  I am not conversnt on the  goose breeds. we had geese down the road. They would cross and stop in the middle of the road. Getting out f car to shoo them away was not a safe option. My sisterwas nipped in th calf too many times. My avatar dog. just turmed tail and hid. 

heidih

heidih

In the US our ducks are generally American Pekin - derived from a breed brought from China in the 19th century. Big relatively mild tasting birds.