• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc does the City so Nice they Named it Twice!

Kerry Beal

20 minutes ago, DesertTinker said:

Isn’t it a bit cold to be going without heating?

Yes it is!

They sent us two little space heaters though. 

Actually the missing part showed up 2 hours ago and the tech just left - I hear furnace noise and smell 'been off for a while' furnace smell.

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Home safely - tea in hand. Furnace still not working (was out when I got home from Seattle last Monday) and the tap seems to be missing from the kitchen sink.

Did I ever mention that I lived for months in our old house with the kitchen sink in the middle of the kitchen floor?

You are an ER doc - crisis adaptation is your forte. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, heidih said:

You are an ER doc - crisis adaptation is your forte. 

Yeah right - mostly I treat urinary track infections and otitis media. Avoiding crises is the ideal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

Yes it is!

They sent us two little space heaters though. 

Actually the missing part showed up 2 hours ago and the tech just left - I hear furnace noise and smell 'been off for a while' furnace smell.

NOOOOOO.....

How did the hubs and the munchkin deal with the lack of heat?!  I can deal with a lot but after 5 days or so without heat (Snowtober - October 2011; Sandy -October 2012; March snow - 2017) I am a grumpy gus!

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Yeah right - mostly I treat urinary track infections and otitis media. Avoiding crises is the ideal. 

You mean you didn’t get your degree in heating and air-conditioning at the same time as your medical degree? What were you thinking?

• Haha 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

1 minute ago, Anna N said:

You mean you didn’t get your degree in heating and air-conditioning at the same time as your medical degree? What were you thinking?

You know - sometimes you just don't realize where the money is! Plumbing would have been my best choice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

You know - sometimes you just don't realize where the money is! Plumbing would have been my best choice. 

My younger son got degrees in computer science and ceramics engineering.  He is a Wall Street banker who sometimes reads eGullet.

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Well - here it is morning and the furnace is tits up again! And buddy took the heaters when he left last night.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Sad 8

39 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Well - here it is morning and the furnace is tits up again! And buddy took the heaters when he left last night.

Been having the same fun. Water heater went to the place where water heaters are eternally blessed. Got it fixed and less than 2 weeks later the furnace decided to go on strike. Took almost 3 weeks on the waiting list of every plumber in town before one was able to get to me. Fortunately, I was able to get a furnace guy with only about a 1 week wait.

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

If you need a good HVAC guy (which it sounds like you just might!)....let me know.

48 minutes ago, Chocolot said:

The kitchen faucet looks like a Grohe, If it is, it has a lifetime warranty-free replacement. Or has Gary got it fixed already?

Apparently not the plastic connector parts says hubby!