• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have posted this before, but not in a dedicated tea topic.

20171201_140311 (Large).jpg

虫宝茶 (chóng bǎo chá) literally means 'insect treasure tea'. The caterpillars of a certain type of moth feed on the baby tea leaves in the plantations. Their droppings are then collected by the farmers and dried. They are then used to make a refreshing cup of tea! They are mixed with regular undigested tea. It is considered medicinal and effective against stomach complaints. I tried a cup before buying this jar. It tasted like tea but with a sort of fungal taste in the background. Not bad.

3D4A3546.thumb.jpg.027aba86dae0cd7fac2fc1b5c121b85b.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I have posted this before, but not in a dedicated tea topic.

20171201_140311 (Large).jpg

虫宝茶 (chóng bǎo chá) literally means 'insect treasure tea'. The caterpillars of a certain type of moth feed on the baby tea leaves in the plantations. Their droppings are then collected by the farmers and dry the. They are then used to make a refreshing cup of tea! They are mixed with regular undigested tea. It is considered medicinal and effective against stomach complaints. I tried a cup before buying this jar. It tasted like tea but with a sort of fungal taste in the background. Not bad.

3D4A3546.thumb.jpg.027aba86dae0cd7fac2fc1b5c121b85b.jpg