• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Church usually does a fall carnival with games, bounce houses, "Trunk or Treat, hot dogs and popcorn for the neighborhood kids. Sadly, not this year. I suspect my only T or T'er will be my grandson.

• Sad 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

17 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

My county health dept has banned trick or treating for this year.  Wonder if the candy has been marked down?

After an uproar, the county revised their Halloween guidance on trick-or-treating from "Not Permitted" to "Not Recommended" 

Per the local paper, the state will be issuing guidance soon that should make it easier for counties to maintain consistency with neighboring areas. 

I rarely got many kids.  My neighborhood has no streetlights and few sidewalks so it's really not a hotbed for trick-or-treating anyway.  I used to give out those lunchbox-sized packs of chips, Fritos, Doritos, Cheetos, pretzels, etc and happily scarf up the leftovers.  It won't hurt me to skip that practice!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...