• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

@chromedome

"   don't care for bleu with beef, which to me just makes the beef taste like it's several days past its "serve-by" date, "

I see your point , or at least can taste it.   i also don't know too much about the Spotted Pig

maybe the bleu  [ far more flavorful than blue ] on the burger was to evoke exceptionally well aged beef ?

if an item was cooked into a dish , you are foolish to ask for it to be removed.  GBP's cooked into a dish

even if removed after cooking leave you w a dish flavored with GBP's

Unknown-1.jpeg.ec7b96f64c316c972985fd0eea8677c1.jpeg

reminds me of a story from La Belle France

that I just made up :  the Patron entered the 5 star restaurant in Dijon , France

looking forward to a magnificent meal.  after careful study of the voluminous menu ,

he asked the waiter for the Boeuf Bourguignon, but w/o the Boeuf,

maybe the Chef would substitute chicken instead ?

the Waiter , nonplused , said " Qui "

Pointing to the menu , "  we have that dish right here :   Coq au Vin ! "

smiles all around !

and I may not be able to hit the MR until the Urchins are given candy.

but it might rain !  maybe hard !

rotuts

rotuts

@chromedome

"   don't care for bleu with beef, which to me just makes the beef taste like it's several days past its "serve-by" date, "

I see your point , or at least can taste it.   i also don't know too much about the Spotted Pig

maybe the bleu  [ far more flavorful than blue ] on the burger was to evoke exceptionally well aged beef ?

if an item was cooked into a dish , you are foolish to ask for it to be removed.  GBP's cooked into a dish

that I just made up :  the Patron entered the 5 star restaurant in Dijon , France

looking forward to a magnificent meal.  after careful study of the voluminous menu ,

he asked the waiter for the Boeuf Bourguignon, but w/o the Boeuf,

maybe the Chef would substitute chicken instead ?

Pointing to the menu , "  we have that dish right here :   Coq a Vin ! "

smiles all around !

rotuts

rotuts

@chromedome

he asked the waiter for the Boeuf Bourguignon, but w/o the Boeuf,  maybe true Chef would substitute chicken instead ?

Pointing to the menu , we have that dish right here :   Coq a Vin !

rotuts

rotuts

@chromedome

he asked the waiter for the Boeuf Bourguignon, but w/o the Boeuf,  maybe chicken instead ?

Pointing to the menu , we have that dish right here :   Coq a Vin !