• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

Bold text - clarify name - and attempting clarity.

T@dans I am so sorry for you and your friends loss 🙁 I am glad you have someone to lean on. 

Your question made made me very curious so I fired up a quick google search - I don’t know if you do “apps” (like phone or iPad) but I ran across an app called Spoonacular food companion ... it seems if you put a recipe website into the app - it will do many things for you -  among them - create a shopping list from the recipes / websites you input into the app (I’m not sure I’m making this clear) - but I believe it will do what you are seeking if I understand the app correctly. 

I have not used the app myself (though I may start 😀) - but it gets high ratings. I know it’s available in the iTunes Store, I’m not sure about Google Play or Amazon though I’m sure it’s easy enough to look. I hope this helps. 

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

Bold text - clarify name

T@dans I am so sorry for you and your friends loss 🙁 I am glad you have someone to lean on. 

Your question made made me very curious so I fired up a quick google search - I don’t know if you do “apps” (like phone or iPad) but I ran across an app called Spoonacular food companion ... it seems if you put a recipe website into the app - it will do many things for you -  among them - create a shopping list.

I have not used the app myself (though I may start 😀) - but it gets high ratings. I know it’s available in the iTunes Store, I’m not sure about Google Play or Amazon though I’m sure it’s easy enough to look. I hope this helps. 

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

Bold text

Your question made made me very curious so I fired up a quick google search - I don’t know if you do “apps” (like phone or iPad) but I ran across an app called Spoonacular ... it seems if you put a recipe website into the app - it will do many things for you -  among them - create a shopping list.

CatIsHungry

CatIsHungry

@dans I am so sorry for you and your friends loss 🙁 I am glad you have someone to lean on. 

Your question made made me very curious so I fired up a quick google search - I don’t know if you do “apps” (like phone or iPad) but I ran across an app called Spoonacular ... it seems if you put a recipe website into the app - it will do many things for you -  among them - create a shopping list.