• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

This Isi spatula is especially good at getting goo out of the bottom of a Vitamix. It's great for other things too. 

I don't use the Vitamix as often as our friends who think smoothies are a lifestyle, but I depend on it for quite a few things. In no particular order:

-Nut butters (people say you can't get them perfectly smooth in a blender, but I find it makes them as smooth as anything from the store. Just make sure the nuts are oily enough ... 60% plus)

-Ice cream

-Soups

-Some sauces (anything you want velvety smooth, and don't want to have to strain; anything you need to disperse hydrocolloids into but have more more than your stick blender can handle)

-Vegetable purees (almost anything besides potatoes)

-Things that will be foamed in a whipping siphon

-Frozen drinks

-Hummus

paulraphael

paulraphael

This Isi spatula is especially good at getting goo out of the bottom of a Vitamix. It's great for other things too. 

I don't use the Vitamix as often as those people who think smoothies are a lifestyle, but I depend on it for quite a few things. In no particular order:

-Nut butters (people say you can't get them perfectly smooth in a blender, but I find it makes them as smooth as anything from the store. Just make sure the nuts are oily enough ... 60% plus)

-Ice cream

-Soups

-Some sauces (anything you want velvety smooth, and don't want to have to strain; anything you need to disperse hydrocolloids into but have more more than your stick blender can handle)

-Vegetable purees (almost anything besides potatoes)

-Things that will be foamed in a whipping siphon

-Frozen drinks

-Hummus