• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Off Menu" - new LA Times food video series on YouTube

blue_dolphin

In addition to resurrecting a weekly, stand-alone food section, the LA Times recently launched a 10-week series of short videos titled "Off Menu."  

In the first episode,  Thai Town restauranteur Jazz Singsanong, owner of Jitlada, accompanies the host, Lucas Peterson to a giant Los Angeles Asian market to shop then back to her restaurant to cook some home style dishes. 

It's available freely on YouTube, though the accompanying recipe for nam prik goong may be behind a paywall.

I had to laugh when he said that you could find anything at LAX-C, the market they visited.  It may be true that everything is there but I can attest that finding it in that huge market can be quite another thing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The Thursday Food Section is the only part of the LAT I can tolerate - they upped their game. Of course when someone talks about Jazz - all I can think is J Gold. So painful.