• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

20 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Aren't the current iPhones water resistant?

I should hope so! Many modern cell phones carry an IP rating indicating how waterproof they are.  I can give my Samsung a bath with no ill effect. Anyway the phone used doesn't have to be  an iPhone. There are other (and dare I say better) brands

I'd have thought the power of the vibration more of an issue. Only one way to find out. Try it.

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Aren't the current iPhones water resistant?

I should hope so! Many modern cell phones carry a rating indicating how waterproof they are.  I can give my Samsung a bath with no ill effect. Anyway the phone doesn;'t have to be  an iPhone. There are other (and dare I say better) brands

I'd have thought the power of the vibration more of an issue. Only one way to find out. Try it.