• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

11 minutes ago, Maison Rustique said:

I got those pancakes a year or so ago at my Costco. They were tasty, but I didn't use them as quickly as necessary. I took the rest and used them to make a maple-bacon pancake bread pudding. Waste not, want not!

I was planning to freeze most of the packs for future road trip food or quick snack.  Pancakes freeze well, and I think thawing these would be quick.

I did the same re-use action on leftover doughnuts in bread pudding a while back.  It was excellent and I highly recommend using up stuff that would normally go stale and get tossed in this type of dish.

lemniscate

lemniscate

9 minutes ago, Maison Rustique said:

I got those pancakes a year or so ago at my Costco. They were tasty, but I didn't use them as quickly as necessary. I took the rest and used them to make a maple-bacon pancake bread pudding. Waste not, want not!

I was planning to freeze most of the packs for future road trip food or quick snack.  Pancakes freeze well, and I think thawing these would be quick.