• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

Haven’t been in Costco for over a year and they offered me a $10 gift card to renew my membership. Went shopping at Costco yesterday and discovered all sorts of new products! Happily it was not too crowded and 99% of the people were properly masked and distant.

I tried two of their sous vide refrigerated meals: Kevin’s natural foods paleo Korean bbq-style steak tips and Cuisine Solutions turkey sausage & cheese egg bites.

The Korean steak was fine as a quick low-fuss meal but one could easily do much better with their own recipe and a bit of prep.

I’ll get the egg bites again. They are better than the ones that I have made and now I won’t have to scrub glass jars to remove egg bite residue (and yes I greased those jars before pouring in the egg mixture). The Cuisine Solutions egg bites are so similar to the egg bites at Starbucks (I heated them in the CSO at 400 F for 11 minutes) that I suspect that Cuisine Solutions makes these for Starbucks.

Update: Cuisine Solutions makes the egg bites for Starbucks and Costco — https://www.sousvideeggbite.com

curls

curls

Haven’t been in Costco for over a year and they offered me a $10 gift card to renew my membership. Went shopping at Costco yesterday and discovered all sorts of new products! Happily it was not too crowded and 99% of the people were properly masked and distant.

I tried two of their sous vide refrigerated meals: Kevin’s natural foods paleo Korean bbq-style steak tips and Cuisine Solutions turkey sausage & cheese egg bites.

The Korean steak was fine as a quick low-fuss meal but one could easily do much better with their own recipe and a bit of prep.

I’ll get the egg bites again. They are better than the ones that I have made and now I won’t have to scrub glass jars to remove egg bite residue (and yes I greased those jars before pouring in the egg mixture). The Cuisine Solutions egg bites are so similar to the egg bites at Starbucks (I heated them in the CSO at 400 F for 11 minutes) that I suspect that Cuisine Solutions makes these for Starbucks.