• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

9 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Costco is making sure their major loss leader, their rotisserie chicken, has a secure future.

"It's only $4.99. But Costco's rotisserie chicken comes at a huge price"

It's a lengthy read but I found it fascinating to learn of the steps they are taking to make sure the price remains unchanged and to cut out the middleman/persons and become directly involved in growing their own chickens.

I can attest that I am a fan of their rotisserie chicken and won't even look at the rotisserie chickens in my local grocery stores (too small, for too much money).

I thought it was also interesting that one of the reasons for this Costco move into chicken "farming" came about because they had trouble sourcing large enough birds for their stores. Which, in turn, speaks about where the larger birds were being directed by the chicken companies.

Anyone else a fan of their rotisserie chickens?

Without a doubt the best rotisserie chickens out there.

Whenever possible serve before you refrigerate, they taste much better that way.

lindag

lindag

8 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Costco is making sure their major loss leader, their rotisserie chicken, has a secure future.

"It's only $4.99. But Costco's rotisserie chicken comes at a huge price"

It's a lengthy read but I found it fascinating to learn of the steps they are taking to make sure the price remains unchanged and to cut out the middleman/persons and become directly involved in growing their own chickens.

I can attest that I am a fan of their rotisserie chicken and won't even look at the rotisserie chickens in my local grocery stores (too small, for too much money).

I thought it was also interesting that one of the reasons for this Costco move into chicken "farming" came about because they had trouble sourcing large enough birds for their stores. Which, in turn, speaks about where the larger birds were being directed by the chicken companies.

Anyone else a fan of their rotisserie chickens?

Without a doubt the best rotisserie chickens out there.