• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I went to Ranch 88 in Aliston , a large USA chines market.  they had pork  belly on sale , $ 2.49 !

PorkBelly.thumb.jpg.c7ef853db23f08fc3ffebcc28211eb44.jpg

I could not resist .   

as Im a big fan of SV , I thought Id divvy these up , and another Vad'd bag I have in the Fz , and initially

SV @ 130.1  for 24 hours ,, w different rubs / bag  , then finish on the Weber , possible 275 or 300  or 325  for a few hours.

this is a gas Weber  w that thermometer sticking out on the R.  I can add  some Pellet-Smoke for the last hour.  Id like to get different flavors

w crispy skin that does not burn.  Hoisin-garlic might be one bag     Cumin-Tex-Mex another etc

what are your thoughts ?   Ihavent made pork belly in a while , and made some tasty PB some time ago on the Weber  @ 350 until crispy

I like the idea of getting some tenderness from the SV , and possibly getting less contraction of the meat fibers after the 24 hours @ 130 F

for the final Weber-igins.   may or may not work.

rotuts

rotuts

I went to Ranch 88 in Aliston , a large USA chines market.  they had pork  belly on sale , $ 2.49 !

PorkBelly.thumb.jpg.c7ef853db23f08fc3ffebcc28211eb44.jpg

I could not resist .   

as Im a big fan of SV , I thought Id divvy these up , and another Vad'd bag I have in the Fz , and initially

SV @ 130.1  for 24 hours ,, w different rubs / bag  , then finish on the Weber , possible 275 or 300  or 325  for a few hours.

this is a gas Weber  w that thermometer sticking out on the R.  I can add  some Pellet-Smoke for the last hour.  Id like to get different flavors

w crispy skin that does not burn.  Hoisin-garlic might be one bag     Cumin-Tex-Mex another etc

what are your thoughts ?   Ihavent made pork belly in a while , and made some tasty PB some time ago on the Weber  @ 350 until crispy

I like the idea of getting some tenderness from the SV , and possibly getting less contraction of the meat fibers after the 24 hours @ 130 F

for the final Weber-igins.   may or may not work.