• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fall wedding in Paris

AAQuesada

Heading to the airport in a couple hours for a wedding.  I am a Chef and def on a budget, but i'd love to get a flavor of street food, ethinic food in the City, what young chefs are up too (bistronomy?) maybe a few good places for drinks with live music/Jazz.

Any other must see's foodie wise?  Local favorites

• Like 1

If you'll be there on a Sunday, the Marche Biologique on Blvd. Raspail is wonderful. There are 2 vendors I adore; one makes crepes, the other these cheesy-potato pancake-y things. We also like the Marche les Enfants Rouges in the 3rd. Pleny of other markets abound.

Here you can get a taste of some old-school trad food at a very reasonable price...Aux Bons Crus

Fulgarances brings in visiting, young chefs. Lunch is a steal.

Lobrano did a piece for the Times a while ago, which means these places may be slammed a bit.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

1 hour ago, AAQuesada said:

Heading to the airport in a couple hours for a wedding.  I am a Chef and def on a budget, but i'd love to get a flavor of street food, ethinic food in the City, what young chefs are up too (bistronomy?) maybe a few good places for drinks with live music/Jazz.

Any other must see's foodie wise?  Local favorites

Hhhmm hello have you considered asking David or his books. He was here way back when and is wonderful.  David Lebovitz   https://www.davidlebovitz.com/

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, AAQuesada said:

Thank you for the information!

btw If it helps I'll be staying in the 19th during the week and in the 8th for the wedding this S/SN

Good; great thing about Paris is that it's quite easy to get around via Metro.

In the 19th, the Parc de Buttes-Chaumont is quite fabulous. The 8th is too fancy for me to recommend anything, other than a couple of great museums (both the Grand and Petit Palais)

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I will post some pictures later but we ended up in the Marais and stumbled on Les Philosophes http://www.cafeine.com/philosophes turned out be a good choise. had some fantastic raw milk cheeses, a tomato tart tatine and pork rillettes.

Also consumed was a merguez baguette on the street (yum) and adult beverages at the Caribbean-ish theamed Pick Clops 

(wifi password: elgringo)!  which was fun.  btw appearantly pick clops are the underage kids who pick up cigarette butts off the street to smoke

• Like 2

Promise i'll post pictures but Fulgrances was pretty incredible. we ended up going for dinner even though I was thinking lunch. 3 bottles of wine later. Price per value on the wine was off the hook compared to the US  We eneded up with 3 very different wines for about 5o euros each between the 4 of us ,one from the Jura, one Gamay and one from Alsace to finish. .

BTW if anyone is going they have a wine bare across the street that I could not recommend more highly. we paid 21 euro for 4 good and interesting glasses. Both locations there was no oroblems with english. The Som was great.  The neighborhood was so so but couldn't be happier we went.

Promise more pictures to come (won't say they will be good) Going to try and hit up Frenchies to go in the am .

On 10/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, weinoo said:

If you'll be there on a Sunday, the Marche Biologique on Blvd. Raspail is wonderful. There are 2 vendors I adore; one makes crepes, the other these cheesy-potato pancake-y things. We also like the Marche les Enfants Rouges in the 3rd. Pleny of other markets abound.

Here you can get a taste of some old-school trad food at a very reasonable price...Aux Bons Crus

Fulgarances brings in visiting, young chefs. Lunch is a steal.

Lobrano did a piece for the Times a while ago, which means these places may be slammed a bit.

Think I'm going to try and make a stop here Looks great!

• Like 1