• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cslas

cslas

Thanks for the clarification about the Rev 2 vs. 2B. It's nice to see the price come down on something for once. In terms of my plans, I guess I really don't know yet. I just started chocolate work a couple of months ago and am still learning. One thing I do know is that I'm having trouble holding temper over a period of time. I have a sort of homemade melter that consists of a casserole-style crockpot and a digital temperature controller that turns the crockpot on and off, so I'm able to generally keep it in the right temperature range, but there's still a lot of moving pieces between maintaining temper and doing whatever other parts of the process you're doing, so I'm interested in tools that might help me. I read this thread about people's most important tips and it got me thinking about the Chocovisions. I'm not in an immediate hurry to buy anything, still really just researching.

@Jim D.Out of curiosity, what's the minimum amount of chocolate the Delta can temper? At this point, I haven't tempered more than 2 lbs at a time, and that's about the right amount for the moment, though that could obviously change. 

@curls I'm in Central New York, don't suppose you'll be passing through any time soon? :)

cslas

cslas

Thanks for the clarification about the Rev 2 vs. 2B. It's nice to see the price come down on something for once. In terms of my plans, I guess I really don't know yet. I'm just started chocolate work a couple of months ago and am still learning. One thing I do know is that I'm having trouble holding temper over a period of time. I have a sort of homemade melter that consists of a casserole-style crockpot and a digital temperature controller that turns the crockpot on and off, so I'm able to generally keep it in the right temperature range, but there's still a lot of moving pieces between maintaining temper and doing whatever other parts of the process you're doing, so I'm interested in tools that might help me. I read this thread about people's most important tips and it got me thinking about the Chocovisions. I'm not in an immediate hurry to buy anything, still really just researching.

@Jim D.Out of curiosity, what's the minimum amount of chocolate the Delta can temper? At this point, I haven't tempered more than 2 lbs at a time, and that's about the right amount for the moment, though that could obviously change. 

@curls I'm in Central New York, don't suppose you'll be passing through any time soon? :)