• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

41 minutes ago, heidih said:

OK step back and look at how wine is shipped. Corrugated stuff or the cute wrapper you see on Aisian pears. Done ALL THE TIME. No need to reinvent the wheel. breathe. Worst case - tomato sauce - not funny I know.

How about popping the tomatoes into Asian pear sleeves and then  into pantyhose and tie the ends. The tomato snake can then nestled into a hard sided container. I dare you to do this in New York City and not get laughed out of existence. But I bet it would work. 😂😂😂

Edited to add: it is best if you step out of the pantyhose before attempting this.

Anna N

Anna N

40 minutes ago, heidih said:

OK step back and look at how wine is shipped. Corrugated stuff or the cute wrapper you see on Aisian pears. Done ALL THE TIME. No need to reinvent the wheel. breathe. Worst case - tomato sauce - not funny I know.

How about popping the tomatoes into Asian pear sleeves and then  into pantyhose and tie the ends. The tomato snake can then nestled into a hard sided container. I dare you to do this in New York City and not get laughed out of existence. But I bet it would work. 😂😂😂

Edited to add: it is best if you step out the pantyhose before attempting this.

Anna N

Anna N

36 minutes ago, heidih said: