• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

raw peanut storage

heidih

I caved to the raw peanuts in the bulk area of the Korean market. Small, skin on. I roast them but circumstances impede that for a few weeks They are currently in  tupperware type container in a cool dark place. Freeze?

I would say 'freeze'...but then we freeze just about everything.   Ed eats a lot of peanuts and the cellar freezer has a big bag of peanuts in it.

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

10 hours ago, heidih said:

I caved to the raw peanuts in the bulk area of the Korean market. Small, skin on. I roast them but circumstances impede that for a few weeks They are currently in  tupperware type container in a cool dark place. Freeze?

As long as they're in a loosely covered (or open) container in a dry environment, room temp is fine.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com