• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RIP Chef Carl Ruiz

MetsFan5

I know most members here don’t watch a lot of Food Network. I do, I leave it on in the background most days as I find it calming compared to say, the news or Jerry Springer. 

Carl was a huge personality. He lived well and did whatever sparked his interest, and did so passionately. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

I know most members here don’t watch a lot of Food Network. I do, I leave it on in the background most days as I find it calming compared to say, the news or Jerry Springer. 

Carl was a huge personality. He lived well and did whatever sparked his interest, and did so passionately. 

I’m with you. FN is on a lot. But no baking challenges or kids who cook. 

• Like 2

@gfweb same. Unless it’s chopped. Then I decide I’d love to adopt those kids (despite them having their own parents). 

The baking competitions are always a hard no from me. 

Food Network and HGTV are on a lot in our home. I find most of their shows calming and good background noise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

@gfweb same. Unless it’s chopped. Then I decide I’d love to adopt those kids (despite them having their own parents). 

The baking competitions are always a hard no from me. 

Food Network and HGTV are on a lot in our home. I find most of their shows calming and good background noise. 

Recipe TV is good as well