• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

this is a good article.  and I believe in its fundamental premise :

Obesity is a result of simply eating more calories than one needs .

One eats more than one needs , because fundamental pathways from the tongue

to your brain are interfered with by higher levels of NaCl  and sugar in the food you are used to eating

unless you only eat food you cook from scratch .

I take HCTZ.  not important as to what this is , but it provides for the excretion of NaCl

thus lowering ones blood volume , and thus the work of circulating that larger blood volume from

here to there.  I though then Id ,  within reason , reduce my NaCl intake.

after a few months I noticed that I had a heightened sense of taste. I also noticed that

a bag of Fritos had an exceptional " burn " on the tongue.

I think one gets used to high levels of NaCL and Sugar in commercial foods, 

and thus high levels of NaCl and sugar are added to these foods , or no one would buy them.

Catch - 22.   high levels of NaCl and sugar do not signal your brain that you are full

but make you eat more NaCl and Sugar as the set-point has been raised to a very high level

by over use of these ingredients via a commercial diet.

try decreasing NaCl intake , with in reason , for a few  months 

your tongue and brain will reset its information pathways.

also of note :  I use a different table salt , but that's not a topic for consideration here

other than to say , I can season my food w this different salt to any " salt level " I  like

so Im not missing out  on the Salt Buzz.

just no more fritos

a tragedy right there.

and food will have more taste.

rotuts

rotuts

to your brain are interfered with by higher levels of NaCl  and sugar in the food you are used to eating

I take HCTZ.  not important as to what this is , but it provides for the excretion of NaCl

thus lowering ones blood volume , and thus the work of circulating that larger blood volume from

after a few months I noticed that I had a heightened sense of taste. I also noticed that

and thus high levels of NaCl and sugar are added to these foods , or no one would buy them.

Catch - 22.   high levels of NaCl and sugar do not signal your brain that you are full

but make you eat more NaCl and Sugar as the set-point has been raised to a very high level

also of note :  I use a different table salt , but that's not a topic for consideration here

other than to say , I can season my food w this different salt to any " salt level " I  like

so Im not missing out  on the Slat Buzz.

just no more fritos

a tragedy right there.

rotuts

rotuts