• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Poaching eggs in plastic wrap

Okanagancook

Oh yes, works a treat but don't forget to oil the plastic. I just made a bunch of regular poached eggs for company last weekend and I thought there was a lot of waste of the white which detached from the main egg.  Shoulda used this method.

• Thanks 1

I always think of that as cheating. I get disappointed if I get eggs like that from a restaurant or cafe.

Mind you, I have done it myself because some times the eggs don't behave like they should.

• Like 1

Sorry, but....

I hate to be the rain on the parade - however; with all of the knowledge around the inherent issues with plastic (and even more so with food and extreme hot or cold temps with said plastics) and the associated health risks, it begs the question.....

Why!?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...