• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

13 hours ago, weinoo said:

The great (est?) thing about the CSO, among all the greats listed (especially and because of how well it reheats) is that it allows one to dispose of one's microwave, if one were to have a microwave.

9 hours ago, TdeV said:

Nothing I've read says that CSO microwaves. Do I read that right?

How do you defrost soup or chili?

23 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

With a circulator.

You'll note that the original question was asking @weinoo how his CSO means he can dispose of his microwave–– a still unanswered question.

Edited to add: The Joule seems like overkill for a weekday lunch . . .

TdeV

TdeV

13 hours ago, weinoo said:

The great (est?) thing about the CSO, among all the greats listed (especially and because of how well it reheats) is that it allows one to dispose of one's microwave, if one were to have a microwave.

9 hours ago, TdeV said:

Nothing I've read says that CSO microwaves. Do I read that right?

How do you defrost soup or chili?

20 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

With a circulator.

You'll note that the original question was asking @weinoo how his CSO means he can dispose of his microwave–– a still unanswered question.