• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Madsandersen

Madsandersen

Dear eG

I am using Cedric Grolet's book "Fruit" but for me it seems like the quantities in the recipes is way too high. Example; pear and almond tart calls for 590 g sweet dough to cover a tart ring of 18 cm-diameter, which I found to be way to much + I found the the crumb dough in the recipe to be a factor of 10 too high. This is the case in many recipes, also the coconut entremets, which calls for a coconut dacquoise 16 cm-diameter but the recipe calls for 225 g of egg whites etc. 

I have been looking for some explanation of the quantities, it might be recipes for more than one cake/tart etc., but it seems like it is only for one? Anybody who have been thinking the same?

Cheers,

Mads.

Madsandersen

Madsandersen

Dear eG

I am using Cedric Grolet's book "Fruit" but for me it seems like the quantities in the recipes is way to high. Example; pear and almond tart calls for 590 g sweet dough to cover a tart ring of 18 cm-diameter, which I found to be way to much + I found the the crumb dough in the recipe to be a factor of 10 too high. This is the case in many recipes, also the coconut entremets, which calls for a coconut dacquoise 16 cm-diameter but the recipe calls for 225 g of egg whites etc. 

I have been looking for some explanation of the quantities, I might be recipes for more than one cake/tart etc., but it seems like it is only for one? Anybody who have been thinking the same?

Cheers,

Mads.