• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

DanM

DanM

I am getting annoyed with poorly equipped and mantained AirBnB kitchens. The knives are damaged, basic tools missing, buying salt and pepper every time I travel, etc... I want to make a knife roll for the 4-6 times a year that I travel. These are the basic utensils that are either commonly missing or in poor shape at most apartment rentals. Here is what I have right now...

Chef knife

Bread/serated knife

paring knife

can opener

corkscrew (aka my victorinox cheese pocket knife.)

wood spoon

veg peeler

salt shaker

pepper in a grinder

no more than 6 spices/herbs. Paprika, garlic powder, herbs de provence, and 3 tbd...

Tabasco?

zip top bags

What else should I add? Any advice would be appreciated.

Dan

DanM

DanM

I am getting annoyed with poorly equipped and mantained AirBnB kitchens. The knives are damaged, basic tools missing, buying salt and pepper every time I travel, etc... I want to make a knife roll for the 4-6 times a year that I travel. These are the basic utensils that are either commonly missing or in poor shape at most apartment rentals. Here is what I have right now...

Chef knife

Bread/serated knife

paring knife

can opener

wood spoon

veg peeler

salt shaker

pepper in a grinder

no more than 6 spices/herbs. Paprika, garlic powder, herbs de provence, and 3 tbd...

Tabasco?

What else should I add? Any advice would be appreciated.

Dan