• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

demiglace

demiglace

forgot the @ it didn't help

2 hours ago, eugenep said:

hey. i'm surprised no one said "human." 

It's a dark thought but, as everyone knows, this did happen during war and famine in many cultures. 

There was an article in Vanity Fair where a former war refugee was starving and he found a place where the shop owner had a lot of "sticks of meat." 

He tried it and he immediately recognized the taste and reported it to the police. The police was surprised that the refugee knew right away and found out that the refugee took part in the civl war in the country not too long ago and that he told the police he could recognize the meat as human bc it had a taste (like humans have some kind of unique taste in the way other animals do: pork, chicken, beef etc).

Ummm...if I had to guess..we are a species of monkey so...the taste he sensed out might be monkey meat??? 

I would like to try veal brains. Author James Peterson said it's cooked just like sweat bread and tastes the same but costs less and that it's just cultural prejudice that makes many people not want to buy or try it. But it has to be super fresh though. Never tried but maybe one day. 

@JoNorvelleWalker said long pork which is human.

demiglace

demiglace

forgot the @

It's a dark thought but, as everyone knows, this did happen during war and famine in many cultures. 

There was an article in Vanity Fair where a former war refugee was starving and he found a place where the shop owner had a lot of "sticks of meat." 

He tried it and he immediately recognized the taste and reported it to the police. The police was surprised that the refugee knew right away and found out that the refugee took part in the civl war in the country not too long ago and that he told the police he could recognize the meat as human bc it had a taste (like humans have some kind of unique taste in the way other animals do: pork, chicken, beef etc).

Ummm...if I had to guess..we are a species of monkey so...the taste he sensed out might be monkey meat??? 

I would like to try veal brains. Author James Peterson said it's cooked just like sweat bread and tastes the same but costs less and that it's just cultural prejudice that makes many people not want to buy or try it. But it has to be super fresh though. Never tried but maybe one day. 

@JoNorvelleWalker said long pork which is human.

demiglace

demiglace

JoNorvelleWalker said long pork which is human.