• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

I haven't seen this but then I haven't gone looking for microwaveable rice either since i gave given up on Uncle Ben's mush.  If i saw it i would likely try it.  Of the stores they list none are in Canada, at least not where i live.  I checked on Amazon and the cheapest price was $13.08 and the price went north from there.  So I guess I won't be trying it any time soon.

Edited to add:  I can order from their web site.  For $41.22 worth of product, they charge $72.19 shipping.

ElsieD

ElsieD

I haven't seen this but then I haven't gone looking for microwaveable rice either since i gave given up on Uncle Ben's mush.  If i saw it i would likely try it.  Of the stores they list none are in Canada, at least not where i live.  I checked on Amazon and the cheapest price was $13.08 and the price went north from there.  So I guess I won't be trying it any time soon.